MARLBOROUGH, Mass., March 1, 2017 — Hologic, Inc. (Nasdaq: HOLX) will highlight its portfolio of innovative, award-winning breast cancer screening and interventional products, including new solutions for biopsy workflow, at the European Congress of Radiology (ECR) in Vienna, Austria from March 1-5. Hologic also will host a symposium and several educational workshops throughout the show, giving attendees opportunities to experience screening and interventional products that offer unique patient and user benefits and address workflow challenges.
“As the only manufacturer with a core focus on innovating and advancing breast and musculoskeletal health, we look forward to our time at ECR as an opportunity to connect with the most dynamic minds in the global radiology community,” said Pete Valenti, Hologic’s Division President, Breast and Skeletal Health Solutions. “From hands-on workshops with new breast biopsy workflow solutions such as the Affirm prone biopsy system, to educational sessions offering real-time opportunities to engage with our cutting-edge technology, we are excited to share our suite of market-leading screening and interventional products with the world’s premier radiology professionals. At Hologic, we are committed to innovation supported by strong clinical evidence that delivers superior patient outcomes and optimal user workflow.”
Since its European launch at ECR in 2016, the Affirm prone system — the first dedicated prone biopsy system that is upgradable to allow 3D imaging-guided breast biopsies — has experienced positive clinical and patient feedback, with more than 95 percent of patients indicating in a post-procedure survey that the biopsy experience was faster, more comfortable and less painful than expected. The Affirm prone system provides clinicians with added confidence through superior imaging, 2D and 3D biopsy capability, faster and easier workflow, and seamless, 360-degree access to the breast.
In addition to the Affirm prone system, Hologic will feature a number of other innovative products at ECR, including:
- The Affirm upright biopsy system for Selenia® Dimensions®, the proven 2D and 3D breast biopsy system providing superior upright biopsy performance; ,
- The new Affirm Lateral Arm accessory for upright biopsy, to improve access to challenging lesion locations and provide additional patient positioning options;
- Eviva® and ATEC® breast biopsy systems, designed to conduct minimally invasive biopsy procedures under stereotactic, tomosynthesis, ultrasound or MRI guidance;
- I-View software for Contrast Enhanced Digital Mammography provides functional imaging information and highly detailed 2D images that can be combined with 3D MAMMOGRAPHY exam images;
- Low-dose 3D MAMMOGRAPHY exams with C-View software, delivering superior clinical performance to 2D mammography for all breast types , , in a faster, more comfortable and lower dose exam;
- The Horizon bone densitometry (DXA) system, a single platform for osteoporosis and body composition testing or assessment.
Hologic will hold the following events at ECR:
- Symposium: A Paradigm Shift in Breast Biopsy Clinical Practice: A European Perspective, featuring Dr. Shirley Go, Dr. Gianfranco Scaperrotta and Dr. Alejandro Tejerina, on Thursday, March 2 between 12:30 and 13:30
- Eight educational workshops from March 2-4 on the use and optimization of clinical practice with 3D Mammography™ exams and C-View software, the use of I-View software, and new solutions that optimize VABB workflow and patient comfort
ECR is one of the largest medical meetings in Europe and the second-largest radiological meeting in the world. International attendees span all areas of the radiology arena including radiology professionals, radiographers and industry representatives.
For additional information on Hologic’s full portfolio of breast and skeletal health solutions, or more information on the scheduled symposium and workshops, visit Hologic at ECR at Booth x2/14.
Hologic, Inc. is a leading developer, manufacturer and supplier of premium diagnostic products, medical imaging systems and surgical products. The Company's core business units focus on diagnostics, breast health, GYN surgical, and skeletal health. With a unified suite of technologies and a robust research and development program, Hologic is dedicated to The Science of Sure. For more information on Hologic, visit www.hologic.com.
Hologic, 3D, 3D Mammography, Affirm, ATEC, C-View, Dimensions, Eviva, Horizon, I-View, Selenia, and The Science of Sure and associated logos are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of Hologic, Inc., and/or its subsidiaries in the United States and/or other countries.
Forward-looking Statement Disclaimer
This news release may contain forward-looking information that involves risks and uncertainties, including statements about the use of Hologic products. There can be no assurance these products will achieve the benefits described herein or that such benefits will be replicated in any particular manner with respect to an individual patient, as the actual effect of the use of the products can only be determined on a case-by-case basis. In addition, there can be no assurance that these products will be commercially successful or achieve any expected level of sales. Hologic expressly disclaims any obligation or undertaking to release publicly any updates or revisions to any such statements presented herein to reflect any change in expectations or any change in events, conditions or circumstances on which any such data or statements are based.